UVA >> Georgtown? Really?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pianist

Re: UVA >> Georgtown? Really?

Postby pianist » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:40 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
pianist wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
pianist wrote:Sadly, I wasn't talking about who went what school among the three. It's the broader idea of feeling secure and being tolerant. A person who knows, and is content with, his own values and achievements is not likely to be defensive towards others' judgments.

Proponents of UVA on TLS seem always trying to anxiously and restlessly prove something about their school(much more so those of Cornell, Michigan, and Berkeley, just to name a few), which leads me believe that they actually are not completely content with the school despite its superb quality and prestige, just as Donald does not seem to be satisfied with his own wealth, despite its heft.

To be fair, we megapost harder in general. I couldn't even name a Cornell poster off the top of my head. So you may just be tired of always hearing about UVA. I can't imagine why though. Founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819, Virginia Law is one of the oldest legal institutions in the United States, and has steadily maintained the prestige and employment opportunities that come from being a top ten law school while providing students with an exceptional quality of life. Students are able to enjoy both the attractions of Charlottesville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains while attending school near the major legal markets of the East Coast. They also attend a school that has national reach in placing its graduates, with a strong network of alumni in both the judicial system and the private sector.

Current students say there is nothing like living in Charlottesville. In fact, it is a big draw for prospective students, as it has been rated as one of the country’s best places to live. The city offers a low cost of living compared to other cities with top schools. This helps make the law school experience less stressful for students, as graduates from Virginia Law carry less debt than graduates from any other top law school.

It's not the number of posts (Proponents of Michigan just post as often as you do, I believe), but the mentality behind them.

Yes, I am absolutely aware of, and do appreciate, UVA's quality and prestige as well as Charlottesville's friendly atmosphere. I am actually baffled why many of you (perhaps not you Kohinoor) are so defensive.

And I certainly wouldn't do a copy-and-paste to express my own view, and without attribution (unless of course I am the author of what I have just copied). It's borderline offensive.

lol you realize it was part of his joke right?

That was my first reaction, though I ended on the other side of skepticism.

I too am being too uptight, I guess.

Happy New Year everyone!

kurama20

Re: UVA >> Georgtown? Really?

Postby kurama20 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:17 am

Proponents of UVA on TLS seem always trying to anxiously and restlessly prove something about their school(much more so those of Cornell, Michigan, and Berkeley, just to name a few[/b]), which leads me believe that they actually are not completely content with the school despite its superb quality and prestige, just as Donald does not seem to be satisfied with his own wealth, despite its heft.

Definitely not. I would say that NYU and Cornell by far have the most posters anxiously trying to prove things about their school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”