BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
AlanShore

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm

blindmelon vs tram!!! bu vs bc!! fight to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm

AlanShore wrote:blindmelon vs tram!!! bu vs bc!! fight to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not a fight. They're very slightly different. But in general, BC has the clerkship edge, BU has the firm edge. Thats about it.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm

AlanShore wrote:blindmelon vs tram!!! bu vs bc!! fight to the death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha. No no!! I love blindmelon and I think he makes many good points. We both may be a little biased (he attends BU law and I am in love with BC law.)
!!
In the end I think we need to concede that the schools are almost identical and it really comes down to personal preferences/ $$$

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 pm

hahha i know neither of you are fighting and you both agree the other school is similar and great. it is just funny because you both are biased towards the other school. :D

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:10 pm

AlanShore wrote:hahha i know neither of you are fighting and you both agree the other school is similar and great. it is just funny because you both are biased towards the other school. :D

haha it's great. These threads always go on for too long and we end up repeating points. Alan I expecting a positive PM soon!

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:11 pm

tram988 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:hahha i know neither of you are fighting and you both agree the other school is similar and great. it is just funny because you both are biased towards the other school. :D

haha it's great. These threads always go on for too long and we end up repeating points. Alan I expecting a positive PM soon!

:wink: I HOPE SO

bchereicome

Postby bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:06 am

Sorry to revive this thread. I've been at BC for a semester, and I've gotta say, that I think BC has a great atmosphere, but one thing I don't like is that it seems everyone here is geared towards staying in Boston, whereas BU is geared towards helping getting its graduates out of Boston and around the country.

I do think the environment and building is better here at BC, and I think we have the same general prospects in Boston, but I think BU does a better job of getting its students around the country. This might be partly because BU has more prestige as a law school around the country (even though BC undergrad has more prestige).

One thing I do hate about BC though, is that we seem to have a complex about BU. I think everyone here feels we are as good as BU (which we are), but we seem to feel a need to say it on TLS, daily conversations, etc. because no one seems to get it. I wonder if BU students have this problem.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 am

imisscollege wrote:Would you imagine BC or BU has better (in order of how important it is to me)...

Clerkship placement

Placement in DA's office

Placement in Southern California

Placement in DC

Social Life

Lay Prestige

Attractiveness of female student body

bottom to top.

you can check at least clerkship placement on the aba fact sheets (on lsac). and according to TLS, bu is competitive and bc is friendly. and bc, i believe, places in cali a lot.

bchereicome

Postby bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 am

jayn3 wrote:
imisscollege wrote:Would you imagine BC or BU has better (in order of how important it is to me)...

Clerkship placement

Placement in DA's office

Placement in Southern California

Placement in DC

Social Life

Lay Prestige

Attractiveness of female student body

bottom to top.

you can check at least clerkship placement on the aba fact sheets (on lsac). and according to TLS, bu is competitive and bc is friendly. and bc, i believe, places in cali a lot.

I with BC placed a lot in Cali. Where did you hear this from?

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:21 am

damn, my mistake. it's bu that places in cali.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/boston-u ... _Placement

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 am

if you care about who won the beanpot, it is BC 8)

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am

englawyer wrote:if you care about who won the beanpot, it is BC 8)

But BU Law's basketball team beat BC's this year. Just sayin'.

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am

But does the fact that BU places more in Cali mean that BU is considerably more well-respected in Cali?

And that being said if somebody wants to go to Cali, why not just go to USC instead? Why go to BU at all?

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 am

One of the sexiest men on the planet is at BU.

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am

MC Southstar wrote:I agree with BC lay prestige. BU has the lay prestige of a good state school, BC is seen as a more "elite" private institution. It has to do with the selectivity of their undergrad, I think.

I hope you realize that BU is NOT a state school...

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:51 am

Anybody else think that not wanting to be in that gross tower for 3 years kind of trumps all of it?

or is that a somewhat immature/irresponsible mindset?

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

imisscollege wrote:Anybody else think that not wanting to be in that gross tower for 3 years kind of trumps all of it?

or is that a somewhat immature/irresponsible mindset?

The latter.

The faculty at BU puts it over the edge if nothing else.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 am

imisscollege wrote:But does the fact that BU places more in Cali mean that BU is considerably more well-respected in Cali?

And that being said if somebody wants to go to Cali, why not just go to USC instead? Why go to BU at all?

USC is slightly harder to get into.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
imisscollege wrote:But does the fact that BU places more in Cali mean that BU is considerably more well-respected in Cali?

That's one of my points as well. Both BC and BU are regional schools. USC dominates BU and BC in Cali.

bceagles182

Postby bceagles182 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Speaking from the perspective who grew up in Boston, attractiveness of the student body isn't even remotely close. BU undergrad is known to be terrible in this regard, not that it should matter in choosing a law school. BC girls (and guys for that matter) are known to be of the stuck-up, rich, spoiled variety though (not sure how if this applies to the law school).

Honestly, there are so many colleges in such a small area in Boston that you shouldn't find it difficult to meet good looking women.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
tram988 wrote:Great we both have heard many of the same things. This is made my choice almost certain :)

Whoo! If I don't improve on December, BC and ND are going to be my top choices, I think...apparently, I love dem Catholics.

Maybe we'll be classmates!

I hope we are! I already added my BC Law car sticker a while ago. On the 15th I have a tour/ class sit-in and I plan on buying more paraphernalia!!

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:47 pm

bceagles182 wrote:Speaking from the perspective who grew up in Boston, attractiveness of the student body isn't even remotely close. BU undergrad is known to be terrible in this regard, not that it should matter in choosing a law school. BC girls (and guys for that matter) are known to be of the stuck-up, rich, spoiled variety though (not sure how if this applies to the law school).

Honestly, there are so many colleges in such a small area in Boston that you shouldn't find it difficult to meet good looking women.

+1 to the fact that the schools all blend together at the end of the day. BU and BC are hardly "far" from one another. It's like a 15 minutes T ride.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:Speaking from the perspective who grew up in Boston, attractiveness of the student body isn't even remotely close. BU undergrad is known to be terrible in this regard, not that it should matter in choosing a law school. BC girls (and guys for that matter) are known to be of the stuck-up, rich, spoiled variety though (not sure how if this applies to the law school).

+1 to the fact that the schools all blend together at the end of the day. BU and BC are hardly "far" from one another. It's like a 15 minutes T ride.

Yeah this is true-- maybe less than 15 minutes if you have a fast T driver and no traffic (RARE)

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:57 pm

tram988 wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:

Yeah this is true-- maybe less than 15 minutes if you have a fast T driver and no traffic (RARE)

"This train will run express from..." = best announcement EVER. :D

tram988

Postby tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:

"This train will run express from..." = best announcement EVER. :D

haha! I love talking to fellow Bostonians.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”