BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tram988

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:39 am

Blindmelon wrote:Yet again, you assert a point with nothing to back it up. Group think fail.

NLJ250 2005 and 2008 stats show BC placing a greater percentage in such firms. Local prestige is impossible to empirically demonstrate. For those considering BU v. BC, go speak with attorneys in Boston.

BC has a more prestigious name-- not just the law school. Maybe due to the fact BC is ranked #34 nationally as a T1 university and BU #56 as a TT?

My problem is that you are trying to claim BU as a greater school in Boston-- simply not true. You've even concede numerous times before that they are equal in Boston.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 am

tram988 wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:Yet again, you assert a point with nothing to back it up. Group think fail.

NLJ250 2005 and 2008 stats show BC placing a greater percentage in such firms. Local prestige is impossible to empirically demonstrate. For those considering BU v. BC, go speak with attorneys in Boston.

BC has a more prestigious name-- not just the law school. Maybe due to the fact BC is ranked #34 nationally as a T1 university and BU #56 as a TT?

My problem is that you are trying to claim BU as a greater school in Boston-- simply not true. You've even concede numerous times before that they are equal in Boston.

Yes I did concede they are equal. But you're saying BC is better. As a university, if you look at the world rankings, BU >>> BC. US News + world rankings are both BS. So that doesn't even matter.

They also switch off each year for highest biglaw placement, but as my previous post shows, BU >>>>> BC for "elite" firm placement. So if palcement # is about equal, then BU wins hands down.

Seriously, I don't care if you don't think BU is better (I actually think they're equal), but all this BC is better for Boston stuff needs to go away, as it isn't backed up by anything other than some people claiming they heard it from some other people.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

"BU is better than BC," says the BU student. "No, I mean it. It really is...really, guys. For real! Why don't you believe me? My goodness, what can I do to win? I must win...if you don't buy my dubious evidence then you have a group think fail on your hands...mine is bigger than yours!"

You give me a good laugh, Melon. Oh wait, I forgot to add:

"While I persistently continue to delude myself, and attempt to delude others, into thinking that BU is better than BC, please note that I don't really care about this issue at all. I am completely detached from it and secure in knowing that BU is better than BC. That I keep coming back to this thread simply means that I care even less than you think."
:D :D :D

(Just some good, clean fun, eh?)

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Yes I did concede they are equal. But you're saying BC is better. As a university, if you look at the world rankings, BU >>> BC. US News + world rankings are both BS. So that doesn't even matter.

They also switch off each year for highest biglaw placement, but as my previous post shows, BU >>>>> BC for "elite" firm placement. So if palcement # is about equal, then BU wins hands down.

Seriously, I don't care if you don't think BU is better (I actually think they're equal), but all this BC is better for Boston stuff needs to go away, as it isn't backed up by anything other than some people claiming they heard it from some other people.

Let me set this straight--for good. I think the schools are absolutely equivalent. The only thing, as I have gathered from personal experience, is that BC has a little bit more prestige in Boston. Now this may, or may not, be true-- and I'm not the only one who has said this. Where and how this prestige is derived is beyond me. I'm assuming it's due to BC's undergrad (ranked #34 nationally v. BU #56 or sports.)

I really don't care which school is more prestigious. You chose BU for good reasons and I'm choosing BC for others. Since the schools are so similar, it comes down to personal preference.

To hopefully end this thread: You can't go wrong with BU or BC. Neither is better than the other.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

sirchristaylor wrote:"BU is better than BC," says the BU student. "No, I mean it. It really is...really, guys. For real! Why don't you believe me? My goodness, what can I do to win? I must win...if you don't buy my dubious evidence then you have a group think fail on your hands...mine is bigger than yours!"

"While I persistently continue to delude myself, and attempt to delude others, into thinking that BU is better than BC, please note that I don't really care about this issue at all. I am completely detached from it and secure in knowing that BU is better than BC. That I keep coming back to this thread simply means that I care even less than you think."

Says the BU reject who was accepted into BC. Good clean though!

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 pm

tram988 wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:
tram988 wrote:

Let me set this straight--for good. I think the schools are absolutely equivalent. The only thing, as I have gathered from personal experience, is that BC has a little bit more prestige in Boston. Now this may, or may not, be true-- and I'm not the only one who has said this. Where and how this prestige is derived is beyond me. I'm assuming it's due to BC's undergrad (ranked #34 nationally v. BU #56 or sports.)

I really don't care which school is more prestigious. You chose BU for good reasons and I'm choosing BC for others. Since the schools are so similar, it comes down to personal preference.

To hopefully end this thread: You can't go wrong with BU or BC. Neither is better than the other.

YEY! We agree! Time to let this thread die for real.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:"BU is better than BC," says the BU student. "No, I mean it. It really is...really, guys. For real! Why don't you believe me? My goodness, what can I do to win? I must win...if you don't buy my dubious evidence then you have a group think fail on your hands...mine is bigger than yours!"

Says the BU reject who was accepted into BC. Good clean though!

Oh, you got me! Must be full of lies! My acceptance status at BU aside, the above remains true, Melon. :D Relax, and enjoy your prestigious law school career at BU.

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55 pm

I think BU is much better...but that's just me :mrgreen:

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Guys, take the hate, run with it, and go to the hockey games when you attend your respective school. BU and BC are the past 2 national champions, so its a constant battle of the titans. The BU/BC hate is good, so fan those flames whenever you can!

imisscollege

Postby imisscollege » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't see why everybody is like STOP DEBATING THIS NOW

Like if you don't want to talk about it anymore, don't come to the thread

But for those of us who have gotten into both, like the look of BC better than the look of BU and are wondering what other factors should be considered, this debate is very helpful and constructive.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:08 pm

imisscollege wrote:I don't see why everybody is like STOP DEBATING THIS NOW

But for those of us who have gotten into both, like the look of BC better than the look of BU and are wondering what other factors should be considered, this debate is very helpful and constructive.

I agree, but I think everything that can be said has been said. Check the past few pages and other similar threads.

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 pm

imisscollege wrote:I don't see why everybody is like STOP DEBATING THIS NOW

Because its circular. People are also asserting things with no backup. Its just one random 0Ls opinion v. another. When a BC 1L came in the thread, people acted like they knew more than him, and when placement stats, etc. are discussed, people ignore them.

So whats the point? People already have their biases and they're not going to change them.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
Because its circular. People are also asserting things with no backup. Its just one random 0Ls opinion v. another. When a BC 1L came in the thread, people acted like they knew more than him, and when placement stats, etc. are discussed, people ignore them.

So whats the point? People already have their biases and they're not going to change them.

Blindmelon lets be very clear.. bchereicome is not a current BC 1L : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78955&p=1828959#p1828959. Notice the thread date? He's a prospective student bashing BC.

bchereicome wrote:I have finally decided to attend Boston College Law. But I have noticed something about many of the students. It seems like many of them have inferiority complexes with BU. I understand Harvard is in the area and so is BU, but BC is still the pretty much the 3rd best, maybe even the 2nd best within Boston. But it seems like BC students on this forum seem very defensive whenever BU is mentioned, but I don't see BU students do the same with BC. Is this unique to BC, or are most law schools with other peer schools in the area like this?

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Touche Tram. In other news, BU is closing due to inclement weather... library too. If BC's library is open past 3:30, then I say go there just to spite BU's administration. Its raining....

Ugh, now where am I going to study?

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Blindmelon wrote:Touche Tram. In other news, BU is closing due to inclement weather... library too. If BC's library is open past 3:30, then I say go there just to spite BU's administration. Its raining....

lol blindmelon one of these days we will meet in the Boston Common for a duel wearing our school's sweatshirts. Why not go to Boston Public Lib? If you go to BC's lib I expect you to wear an Eagle's sweatshirt.

sullidop

Postby sullidop » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

tram988 wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:Touche Tram. In other news, BU is closing due to inclement weather... library too. If BC's library is open past 3:30, then I say go there just to spite BU's administration. Its raining....

lol blindmelon one of these days we will meet in the Boston Common for a duel wearing our school's sweatshirts. Why not go to Boston Public Lib? If you go to BC's lib I expect you to wear an Eagle's sweatshirt.

Should be open until the usual midnight, only administrative offices are closing and classes after 3.

Legalite

Postby Legalite » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Is there a thread somewhere for BU 2013?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”