BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bceagles182

Silver

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Post by bceagles182 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:06 pm

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I think this is relevant, as well.
It has been nicknamed “The Boston University Invitational’’ because of how often the Terriers have won the Beanpot.
Last edited by Kiersten1985 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

bceagles182 wrote:Thought this seemed relevant

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/m ... he_lid_on/
hahaha oh man!

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:I think this is relevant, as well.
It has been nicknamed “The Boston University Invitational’’ because of how often the Terriers have won the Beanpot.
How did your football team do last year again?

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 pm

bceagles182 wrote:
Undefeated as usual. :wink:

I love getting into these debates because in reality I care so little about college sports haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
bceagles182 wrote:
Undefeated as usual. :wink:

I love getting into these debates because in reality I care so little about college sports haha.

--LinkRemoved--

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:01 pm

I took a "law preview" class with somebody who was supposed to be one of the best profs at BU and he scared the hell out of....everybody. I can't remember his name but I wouldn't want to say it anyway. The BC profs I have talked to, however, do not seem at all like this. While they might be more distinguished, I'm not sure if it follows that the BU profs are easier to learn from/more enjoyable.

bchereicome

New

Post by bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 pm

I think BC does have great professors, but I have been jealous of BU's famous professors. None of my professors sing!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 pm

bchereicome wrote:I think BC does have great professors, but I have been jealous of BU's famous professors. None of my professors sing!
Yeah I haven't seen any BC professors rapping lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bchereicome

New

Post by bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I think it's all subjective. BC prospective/current students will argue that BC is better. BU students will argue otherwise. I think in general, BU does have the slight edge though.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm

bchereicome wrote:I think it's all subjective. BC prospective/current students will argue that BC is better. BU students will argue otherwise. I think in general, BU does have the slight edge though.
Not in Boston. I agree that the schools are VERY similar and it really does come down to personal preference.

bchereicome

New

Post by bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

tram988 wrote:
bchereicome wrote:I think it's all subjective. BC prospective/current students will argue that BC is better. BU students will argue otherwise. I think in general, BU does have the slight edge though.
Not in Boston. I agree that the schools are VERY similar and it really does come down to personal preference.

What makes you think BC is better in boston than BU? Besides other BC students telling you that it's true. Don't buy into that like I did.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:03 pm

bchereicome wrote:
tram988 wrote:

What makes you think BC is better in boston than BU? Besides other BC students telling you that it's true. Don't buy into that like I did.
I think in Boston they are equivalent. I don't think BU has an edge over BC in Boston. BU has an edge over BC outside of New England (NY, Cali), but I think even that is marginal. Historically, at least in 2005 and 2008, BC has had stronger big-law placement (NLJ250)-- although this swings from year to year. The schools are absolutely equivalent in Boston and its all about personal preference.

Also, I dont reach my conclusions based on students. I have developed quite a network in Boston.

It is hard to deny BC's prestige in Boston compared to BU.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm

bchereicome wrote:
tram988 wrote:

What do you mean

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

imisscollege wrote:
bchereicome wrote:
tram988 wrote:

What do you mean
He was pro-BC a while ago and switched to the dark side :P

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Why?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:19 pm

imisscollege wrote:Why?
no idea-- personal preference I assume

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:19 pm

tram988 wrote:
bchereicome wrote:
tram988 wrote:

I think in Boston they are equivalent. I don't think BU has an edge over BC in Boston. BU has an edge over BC outside of New England (NY, Cali), but I think even that is marginal. Historically, at least in 2005 and 2008, BC has had stronger big-law placement (NLJ250)-- although this swings from year to year. The schools are absolutely equivalent in Boston and its all about personal preference.

Also, I dont reach my conclusions based on students. I have developed quite a network in Boston.

It is hard to deny BC's prestige in Boston compared to BU.
+1 BC has strong townie prestige in Boston :P :P

bchereicome

New

Post by bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

[

What makes you think BC is better in boston than BU? Besides other BC students telling you that it's true. Don't buy into that like I did.[/quote]

What do you mean[/quote]
He was pro-BC a while ago and switched to the dark side :P[/quote]

I definitely think BC is a great school. But one of the reasons I came to BC was because I wanted to stay in Boston and I thought it was better than BU. But I've kind of realized that BC and BU are at least on level playing field in Boston, but now I of want to mov out of Boston, and I just feel like BC doesn't have as many out of state options as BU

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm

bchereicome wrote:

I definitely think BC is a great school. But one of the reasons I came to BC was because I wanted to stay in Boston and I thought it was better than BU. But I've kind of realized that BC and BU are at least on level playing field in Boston, but now I of want to mov out of Boston, and I just feel like BC doesn't have as many out of state options as BU

Ah I understand. That's definitely something you need to consider. I think BU will have a tiny bit better name recognition outside of New England. May I ask where you are thinking of working? You don't think it would be better to try and attend a school in that region?

sirchristaylor

Bronze

Post by sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

BC ALL THE WAY.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

bchereicome wrote:[

What do you mean[/quote]
He was pro-BC a while ago and switched to the dark side :P[/quote]

I definitely think BC is a great school. But one of the reasons I came to BC was because I wanted to stay in Boston and I thought it was better than BU. But I've kind of realized that BC and BU are at least on level playing field in Boston, but now I of want to mov out of Boston, and I just feel like BC doesn't have as many out of state options as BU[/quote]

I have heard that BC's prestige is as high if not higher than BU's out of state, and that the only reason alumni are placed in other places is self-selection.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:38 pm

imisscollege wrote:
I have heard that BC's prestige is as high if not higher than BU's out of state, and that the only reason alumni are placed in other places is self-selection.
This is something I'm not very familiar with..anyone?

bchereicome

New

Post by bchereicome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Imisscollege, where have you heard this? BC students? Don't believe it. Unfortunately, it's not true.

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

haha TLS. BC does have two senators now....

But ya at the moment I'm facing sticker at both and have a tough decision to make

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”