BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby imisscollege » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 am

Would you imagine BC or BU has better (in order of how important it is to me)...

Clerkship placement

Placement in DA's office

Placement in Southern California

Placement in DC

Social Life

Lay Prestige

Attractiveness of female student body

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby rayiner » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

BU girls are wicked hot...

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

Oh for gods sake.

At least include attractiveness of male student body if you're going to do this.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby imisscollege » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:55 am

fine include both I don't care haha. somebody answer though

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:56 am

It amuses me that your name is imisscollege and you're asking about female student body attractiveness after a series of misleading distractions.

sullidop
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby sullidop » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:58 am

Are we including the undergraduate SB as well? Because that might be a game-changer.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:59 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:It amuses me that your name is imisscollege and you're asking about female student body attractiveness after a series of misleading distractions.


Haha, yeah. I actually thought he was pretty upfront about it.

OP-I'm considering both schools as well and am leaning towards BC. I have friends at both and it seems like the BC student body is much more social and down to earth.

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby BruceBarr » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:59 am

Pearalegal wrote:Oh for gods sake.

At least include attractiveness of male student body if you're going to do this.


If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:It amuses me that your name is imisscollege and you're asking about female student body attractiveness after a series of misleading distractions.


Haha, yeah. I actually thought he was pretty upfront about it.

OP-I'm considering both schools as well and am leaning towards BC. I have friends at both and it seems like the BC student body is much more social and down to earth.


Problem solved. Attractive females lean toward BC.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm

haha! I'm leaning toward BC at this point as well. Every Boston lawyer ive talked to so far is urging my to go to BC over BU.

I know a lot of people mention that BC is in the suburbs and this deters them from attending. While this is true, no one said you have to live in the suburbs! You can easily live in the city and take a 20-30 min ride to school. This is what I plan on doing to get the best of both worlds! I currently live in downtown Boston but if I end up at BC I will move a tiny bit closer to the school.

Its freakin Boston!!
Last edited by tram988 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:04 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Problem solved. Attractive females lean toward BC.


:mrgreen:

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby englawyer » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Clerkship placement: BU

Placement in DA's office: BC (Boston)

Placement in Southern California: BU

Placement in DC: BU

Social Life: BU for city, BC for camaraderie

Lay Prestige: BC in Boston, Equal nationally

Attractiveness of female student body: No clue
Last edited by englawyer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:09 pm

englawyer wrote:Clerkship placement: BU

Placement in DA's office: BC (Boston)

Placement in Southern California: BU

Placement in DC: BU

Social Life: BU for city, BC for camaraderie

Lay Prestige: BC in Boston, Equal nationally

Attractiveness of female student body: No clue


I agree. This hits the nail on the head.

sullidop
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby sullidop » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:16 pm

tram988 wrote:
englawyer wrote:Clerkship placement: BU

Placement in DA's office: BC (Boston)

Placement in Southern California: BU

Placement in DC: BU

Social Life: BU for city, BC for camaraderie

Lay Prestige: BC in Boston, Equal nationally

Attractiveness of female student body: No clue


I agree. This hits the nail on the head.


I'll agree with this. But affirming the above, BC has a more attractive student body.

**Disclosure: Current 1L at BCLS**

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:16 pm

englawyer wrote:Clerkship placement: BU

Placement in DA's office: BC (Boston)

Placement in Southern California: BU- Probably, but both suck.

Placement in DC: [strike]BU[/strike] I'd actually say BC from my experience with firm life. They have a 23.5% of their grads head to the mid-atlantic (no clue about BU-their website blows)

But regardless, Basically all DC firms that interview at BU interview at BC and vice versa, give or take some. You're looking at pretty equal odds.

Social Life: BU for city, BC for camaraderie

Lay Prestige: BC in Boston, [strike]Equal nationally[/strike] BC nationally.



I disagree with some of this. See my edits.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:18 pm

I like yours better :)

sullidop
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby sullidop » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
englawyer wrote:Clerkship placement: BU

Placement in DA's office: BC (Boston)

Placement in Southern California: BU- Probably, but both suck.

Placement in DC: [strike]BU[/strike] I'd actually say BC from my experience with firm life. They have a 23.5% of their grads head to the mid-atlantic (no clue about BU-their website blows)

But regardless, Basically all DC firms that interview at BU interview at BC and vice versa, give or take some. You're looking at pretty equal odds.

Social Life: BU for city, BC for camaraderie

Lay Prestige: BC in Boston, [strike]Equal nationally[/strike] BC nationally.



I disagree with some of this. See my edits.


Interesting, I knew that BC had a better rep in the Boston firms but didn't know that extended down to the mid-atlantic. Not surprised though, BC kids are usually a little more social (no saying much given the state of the typical lawyer) and therefore somewhat more successful in a service industry.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm

sullidop wrote:Interesting, I knew that BC had a better rep in the Boston firms but didn't know that extended down to the mid-atlantic. Not surprised though, BC kids are usually a little more social (no saying much given the state of the typical lawyer) and therefore somewhat more successful in a service industry.


Thats definitely the sense I've gotten. All of my attorneys have recommended BC over BU for me for coming back here.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Its funny because I always thought that BC was the more national school but recently a lot of people on this forum have been claiming BU is more national.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
sullidop wrote:Interesting, I knew that BC had a better rep in the Boston firms but didn't know that extended down to the mid-atlantic. Not surprised though, BC kids are usually a little more social (no saying much given the state of the typical lawyer) and therefore somewhat more successful in a service industry.


Thats definitely the sense I've gotten. All of my attorneys have recommended BC over BU for me for coming back here.


Good that reassures me. Have you spoken with Boston attorneys? I've asked quite a few and BC appears to be the winner.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 pm

I agree with BC lay prestige. BU has the lay prestige of a good state school, BC is seen as a more "elite" private institution. It has to do with the selectivity of their undergrad, I think.

sullidop
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby sullidop » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:24 pm

tram988 wrote:Its funny because I always thought that BC was the more national school but recently a lot of people on this forum have been claiming BU is more national.


BU tends to draw more kids from out of the area so they leave after graduation. It's just demographics.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:25 pm

tram988 wrote:Its funny because I always thought that BC was the more national school but recently a lot of people on this forum have been claiming BU is more national.


People here sort of go with the rankings in that assumption, I think. Sometimes I think people forget how the rankings fluctuate.

I've been around here since I was a sophomore in college, and I never heard anyone mention Vandy then. Now? ZOMG. Why? Rankings. Not saying anything for or against Vandy, I just remember being shocked/amused at Vanderbilt's skyrocketing popularity.

BC has a longer reputation, I believe, which doesn't hurt its national mobility. All my attorneys have also basically said that because of the similarities in opportunities, to go with BC because of the superior networking and commraderie.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
tram988 wrote:Its funny because I always thought that BC was the more national school but recently a lot of people on this forum have been claiming BU is more national.


People here sort of go with the rankings in that assumption, I think. Sometimes I think people forget how the rankings fluctuate.

I've been around here since I was a sophomore in college, and I never heard anyone mention Vandy then. Now? ZOMG. Why? Rankings. Not saying anything for or against Vandy, I just remember being shocked/amused at Vanderbilt's skyrocketing popularity.

BC has a longer reputation, I believe, which doesn't hurt its national mobility. All my attorneys have also basically said that because of the similarities in opportunities, to go with BC because of the superior networking and commraderie.


Great we both have heard many of the same things. This is made my choice almost certain :)

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: BC vs BU for specific categories(including SB attractiveness

Postby Pearalegal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:28 pm

tram988 wrote:Great we both have heard many of the same things. This is made my choice almost certain :)


Whoo! If I don't improve on December, BC and ND are going to be my top choices, I think...apparently, I love dem Catholics.

Maybe we'll be classmates!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests