Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Parents at forums?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 am 

Archived Posts: 3
I will be attending the Atlanta forum on Oct. 22.

Is it appropriate for a parent to accompany me? They are travelling in the area with me this weekend and are also interested in hearing the panels of 'financing law school' since they will be assisting some with $. I just don't want to look 'irresponsible' to any prospective schools.

Also, does anyone know what appropriate attire is for these things?

Post subject: Re: Parents at forums?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:59 am 

Archived Posts: 1584
I went to one in Miami in September, I would say it's not ridiculous to have parents come with you and sit in on the chat about financing law school, but when you're doing the walk through (where all of the schools have tables) send them to lunch or have them wait outside for you. Attire is business casual, a lot of guys in coats and ties and girls in either dress pants or skirts/dresses; suits are not necessary.

Post subject: Re: Parents at forums?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:31 am 

Archived Posts: 258
My parents went with me just because of the driving distance. They sat in the lobby. I noticed kids who had their parents walk around with them seemed to let their parents do all the talking. Buy them lunch and tell them you will be back in a hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]