Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone visited Quinnipiac?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:49 pm 

Archived Posts: 17
I am trying to decide where to send my security deposit and have had trouble finding real information on Quinnipiac. What is the Hamden area like? How is the faculty? What were your impressions when you visited? Can anyone elaborate? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Anyone visited Quinnipiac?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm 

Archived Posts: 48
how do you expect your job prospects to be from there?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 pm 

Archived Posts: 97
i work nearby..like much of CT its rural but pretty. Did not visit the low school though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 pm 

Archived Posts: 24
The campus is in a rural area, but both the campus and the law building are sleek and modern. The campus is directly across from a a beautiful state park. Hamden is pretty small, but New Haven is just 15 minutes away. New Haven is a pretty cool mid sized city with theatre, music, and the such (Yale Law School). There are also other mid sized towns near-by with available housing. They don't have on campus housing and their is not much (if any) within walking distance, so you will be commuting. I visited it twice and really liked it. Heading there in the fall (I hope the the traditional negative posters can refrain from criticizing my decision- though I'm not holding my breath).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:48 pm 

Archived Posts: 17
deaddrunkandnaked wrote:
The campus is in a rural area, but both the campus and the law building are sleek and modern. The campus is directly across from a a beautiful state park. Hamden is pretty small, but New Haven is just 15 minutes away. New Haven is a pretty cool mid sized city with theatre, music, and the such (Yale Law School). There are also other mid sized towns near-by with available housing. They don't have on campus housing and their is not much (if any) within walking distance, so you will be commuting. I visited it twice and really liked it. Heading there in the fall (I hope the the traditional negative posters can refrain from criticizing my decision- though I'm not holding my breath).

I've only explored the area on google maps and street view but I really like what I see. I love the idea of living in a semi-rural area but with access to nyc and boston. I really wish I could visit Quinnipiac. Do you have any other information on the area? What is the school itself like? Are the people nice?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:27 am 

Archived Posts: 15

Last edited by Schmitty on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:24 am 

Archived Posts: 24
modestmoose wrote:
deaddrunkandnaked wrote:
The campus is in a rural area, but both the campus and the law building are sleek and modern. The campus is directly across from a a beautiful state park. Hamden is pretty small, but New Haven is just 15 minutes away. New Haven is a pretty cool mid sized city with theatre, music, and the such (Yale Law School). There are also other mid sized towns near-by with available housing. They don't have on campus housing and their is not much (if any) within walking distance, so you will be commuting. I visited it twice and really liked it. Heading there in the fall (I hope that the traditional negative posters can refrain from criticizing my decision- though I'm not holding my breath).

I've only explored the area on google maps and street view but I really like what I see. I love the idea of living in a semi-rural area but with access to nyc and boston. I really wish I could visit Quinnipiac. Do you have any other information on the area? What is the school itself like? Are the people nice?
[quote="modestmoose"]

Everyone I met was real nice. The low student to teacher ratio (10:1) is emphasized a lot and the professors I met seemed pretty cool. I only met a couple of students, but it seemed like a nice crowd. Not sure what else to tell ya, but if you have specific questions I can try to help.

There is a train station in New Haven that can get you to NYC in under 2 hours and Boston is about the same in a car, so that's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm 

Archived Posts: 14
Is it strange that I was both waitlisted at Quinnipiac and University of Illinois?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:04 am 

Archived Posts: 449
bobothecat wrote:
i work nearby..like much of CT its rural but pretty. Did not visit the low school though.

I see what you did there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm 

Archived Posts: 69
I did a "chat" with Quinnipiac yesterday, included both admissions officers and 1L & 2L students. The students seemed pretty happy there and emphasized the same things that were just said by the poster above. One guy was doing criminal law, and said that he worked during his second year in an externship with the State's Attorneys office. He said it was the best time of his life, albeit "a bit scary to be arguing to raise a person's bond with him staring right at you in handcuffs." lol. He did a lot of hands on work himself, did negotiations for pleas, did some legal drafting, etc. Sounded great. One of the girls that was going there did the summer abroad prgram in Ireland, and she loved it. They said that anybody "in good standing" can go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm 

Archived Posts: 7
i am currently finishing my undergraduate at quinnipiac and it is a very nice area. new haven is a decent city and very close and getting to nyc is an easy 1.5 hour train ride. housing in the area is not cheap but from my understanding scholarships are pretty easy to obtain, so that may cut down some debt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:10 pm 

Archived Posts: 21
I was going to on that chat but I had to do something else. Did they tell you when we can expect the first round of decisions?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]