Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How long does the LSAT take?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:46 am 

Archived Posts: 29
Hello,

I'm sure this has already been asked and answered, but I can't find it anywhere, so how long does the LSAT actually take from arriving at the test center to leaving? I'm trying to calculate train times, and the official booklet says to allow 7 hours, though I just can't believe that's really the case. Plus as the LSAT starts at 2 in London, if it does last 7 hours I'll miss the last train back to my village and could end up stranded in Ipswich! Moreover 'twould be nice to have time to head to a pub and have a celebratory drink or two.

Thanks a load, even if it's just to direct me to another discussion where this is answered!

Post subject: Re: How long does the LSAT take?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:10 am 

Archived Posts: 1734
zlya wrote:
Hello,

I'm sure this has already been asked and answered, but I can't find it anywhere, so how long does the LSAT actually take from arriving at the test center to leaving? I'm trying to calculate train times, and the official booklet says to allow 7 hours, though I just can't believe that's really the case. Plus as the LSAT starts at 2 in London, if it does last 7 hours I'll miss the last train back to my village and could end up stranded in Ipswich! Moreover 'twould be nice to have time to head to a pub and have a celebratory drink or two.

Thanks a load, even if it's just to direct me to another discussion where this is answered!

Go to a pub, celebrate and take the train next morning ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:51 am 
Are you a badfish too?

Archived Posts: 5195
zlya wrote:
Hello,

say an hour to check in and get everyone in place

3 x 35 = 1:45

10 minute break

2 x 35 = 1:10

1/2 hour to collect exams

1 x 35 = :35

4 hours in total, plus some more time to get in and out. The reason why they say give yourself more time is if something goes wrong (which is a possibility).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:40 am 

Archived Posts: 420

Last edited by ObLaDiObLaDa on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:41 am 

Archived Posts: 29
vasiok wrote:

Go to a pub, celebrate and take the train next morning ;)

Had I a place to stay in London or 20 squids to throw around on lodging . . . (maybe I'll flutter my eyelashes and try to get taken home by a nice Londoner . . . is that immoral?)

Thanks for the advice, badfish and obladi, I'll plan accordingly and hope nothing goes terribly wrong!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]