Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Old LSAT score....will schools accept it?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 pm 

Archived Posts: 1010
In general, how old an LSAT will schools accept? I understand that LSAC says they are valid for five years, but I heard that some schools only accept them out to three or four years. Does anyone know which schools accept them out to five years? If not, can someone at least tell me whether or not the vast majority of law schools will accept the score out to five years? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Old LSAT score....will schools accept it?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 pm 

Archived Posts: 4812
most people haven't applied to the vast majority of schools

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:19 pm 

Archived Posts: 162
I think Fordham wants one from within the last three years.

My score is from 5 years ago, and it was considered valid everywhere I applied: Notre Dame, UIUC, Chicago, Northwestern, Virginia, Duke, and Vanderbilt. It didn't necessarily get me *in* at those schools, but they allowed it for admissions purposes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:27 pm 

Archived Posts: 1010
seraphita wrote:
I think Fordham wants one from within the last three years.

My score is from 5 years ago, and it was considered valid everywhere I applied: Notre Dame, UIUC, Chicago, Northwestern, Virginia, Duke, and Vanderbilt. It didn't necessarily get me *in* at those schools, but they allowed it for admissions purposes.

Thank you. So Fordham was the only school you looked into that wouldn't accept a 5 year old LSAT? As for those schools that you applied to, do you think a five year old LSAT will at all hurt your chances?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 pm 

Archived Posts: 162
Quote:
So Fordham was the only school you looked into that wouldn't accept a 5 year old LSAT?

Yeah . . . I spent a fair amount of time school websites last summer, in order to decide where to apply, and I didn't see that requirement stated by any other school.

Quote:
As for those schools that you applied to, do you think a five year old LSAT will at all hurt your chances?

If it's good, then absolutely not. A 170+ is a 170+ . . . they don't subtract points for every year you don't use it.

Last edited by seraphita on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:27 pm 

Archived Posts: 2771
lsb wrote:
seraphita wrote:
As for those schools that you applied to, do you think a five year old LSAT will at all hurt your chances?

How would one assess this?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]