Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Supplements for Torts and non-traditional courses
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:44 pm 

Archived Posts: 85
So my professor is using the Farnsworth book for Torts: http://www.amazon.com/Torts-Cases-Quest ... 0735527040

Of course I can't find any supplements keyed to it (I checked Legalines, CaseNotes, and High Court Case Summaries). What do I do? If I buy the Legalines for all the other casebooks, do you think they will cover the vast majority of cases in the Farnsworth book? I already have Glannon and Prosser. I'm only looking for something that will tell me what the individual cases are about.

I also have legislation and regulation. We're using the Tushnet book. http://www.amazon.com/Regulatory-Admini ... 123&sr=1-1

Here's the course description:

Quote:
Legislation and Regulation is an introduction to lawmaking in the modern administrative state. It will examine the way Congress and administrative agencies adopt binding rules of law (statutes and regulations, respectively) and the way that implementing institutions -- courts and administrative agencies -- interpret and apply these laws. It will consider, in particular, the justifications for modern regulation, the structure of the modern administrative state, the incentives that influence the behavior of the various actors, and the legal rules that help to structure the relationships among Congress, the agencies, and the courts. It will consider, in particular, the justifications for regulation, the structure of the modern administrative state, etc.

What would be a good supplement for this?

Finally, I am taking Comparative Chinese Law. The description says it will be about building a legal system in China. We don't have a textbook. What's a good supplement for this? Darn electives are completely destroying last semester's strategy.

Thanks for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Supplements for Torts and non-traditional courses
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 pm 

Archived Posts: 539
Aside from asking your professor about supplements, stick to Glannon's E&E for Torts.

As for Comparative Chinese Law, go learn Chinese j/k. There's probably not any "supplements" for such an obscure course. You may just have to read a "textbook" on the subject.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 pm 

Archived Posts: 1455
Your Legislation and Regulation class sounds like a fairly standard Administrative Law course--or at least those are the topics we covered in that course, more or less. I found the E&E helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:46 pm 

Archived Posts: 14365
second the glannon for tortz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 am 

Archived Posts: 3
My professor recommended this supplement for Admin.

http://www.amazon.com/Administrative-Co ... 034&sr=8-9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 pm 

Archived Posts: 11
What case briefs are keyed to the Contracts textbook by Frier and White? I can't seem to find any on Amazon...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:49 am 

Archived Posts: 216
mich_questions wrote:
What case briefs are keyed to the Contracts textbook by Frier and White? I can't seem to find any on Amazon...

there aren't any that i know of.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 am 

Archived Posts: 216
i would recommend though the UCC hornbook by white if your professor is very UCC-focused. it corresponds nicely with the casebook.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]