Top-Law-Schools.comTLS
Home
Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums
 
Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:25 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Archived Posts: 362
Today apparently is Toby's last day as Dean of Admissions at HLS. http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/admissions/welcome/

So who is going to take over his post? I find it strange that during the hot phase of the admissions cycle there hasn't been any communication from the HLS side about this. At the end of the day someone has to assume Toby's role, if only on an interim basis.
Also with the departure of Kagan, it appears that HLS is quite headless at the moment.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:27 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am
Archived Posts: 3193
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm
Archived Posts: 1647
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?

Hehehe.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm 

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 am
Archived Posts: 629
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?
+1


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:35 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Archived Posts: 362
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?



Wow, I must have left quite the impression on you. Or why would you remember that I went to Eton?

To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm 

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 pm
Archived Posts: 116
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?


To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


Les Stroud > Bear Grylls


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 pm 

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 pm
Archived Posts: 341
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?



Wow, I must have left quite the impression on you. Or why would you remember that I went to Eton?



Pretty sure the impression you left is not something you should be bragging about.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:46 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Archived Posts: 362
tempurabanana wrote:
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?


To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


Les Stroud > Bear Grylls



Haha! That's like saying Cooley>HLS. But you are entitled to your opinion of course.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:42 am
Archived Posts: 128
According to an email that Toby sent out to newly admitted students this morning, Karen Buttenbaum, an associate director of admissions, is assuming Toby's post on an interim basis.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:48 pm 
Are you a badfish too?

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Archived Posts: 1103
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?



Wow, I must have left quite the impression on you. Or why would you remember that I went to Eton?

To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


It's not about leaving an impression, mallard just remembers shit. That's how his brain works. He probably knows the numbers/ug/major combos of some of the most obscure members of this site, yourself included.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm 

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am
Archived Posts: 3193
3.5/165 or something like that, right?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:50 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Archived Posts: 362
badfish wrote:
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?



Wow, I must have left quite the impression on you. Or why would you remember that I went to Eton?

To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


It's not about leaving an impression, mallard just remembers shit. That's how his brain works. He probably knows the numbers/ug/major combos of some of the most obscure members of this site, yourself included.


Thank you for the clarification. This is all very serious business, you know.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:52 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 pm
Archived Posts: 362
mallard wrote:
3.5/165 or something like that, right?


:D


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 pm 
Are you a badfish too?

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Archived Posts: 1103
TheJudge wrote:
badfish wrote:
TheJudge wrote:
mallard wrote:
Have there been no rumblings about this at Eton?



Wow, I must have left quite the impression on you. Or why would you remember that I went to Eton?

To your question, I have no idea if there are any rumblings at Eton. Maybe they will ask one of our famous alums, Bear Grylls, to take over. At least he is quite popular with the Yanks anyways. And if you piss him off, he will just rip your head off and eat you raw!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls


It's not about leaving an impression, mallard just remembers shit. That's how his brain works. He probably knows the numbers/ug/major combos of some of the most obscure members of this site, yourself included.


Thank you for the clarification. This is all very serious business, you know.


Just trying to explain the why. I'm sure you know that you're relatively obscure in the grand scheme of things on this site. Not a shot at you or anything. :roll:


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:20 pm 

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm
Archived Posts: 313
Any word on how the process will continue from here on out in terms of calls? Are those of us still waiting now hoping for the KB email, KB1 and KB2....


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 pm
Archived Posts: 301
ahopefulquaker wrote:
According to an email that Toby sent out to newly admitted students this morning, Karen Buttenbaum, an associate director of admissions, is assuming Toby's post on an interim basis.


Does this mean if you didn't get the e-mail you're not getting in? (For those of us who already have TS1)


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm 

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:28 pm
Archived Posts: 175
.


Last edited by franfair on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:50 pm
Archived Posts: 373
conn09 wrote:
ahopefulquaker wrote:
According to an email that Toby sent out to newly admitted students this morning, Karen Buttenbaum, an associate director of admissions, is assuming Toby's post on an interim basis.


Does this mean if you didn't get the e-mail you're not getting in? (For those of us who already have TS1)


No, this e-mail went to our Harvard email inboxes this morning, not our LSAC e-mail addy.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 pm
Archived Posts: 301
KP429 wrote:
conn09 wrote:
ahopefulquaker wrote:
According to an email that Toby sent out to newly admitted students this morning, Karen Buttenbaum, an associate director of admissions, is assuming Toby's post on an interim basis.


Does this mean if you didn't get the e-mail you're not getting in? (For those of us who already have TS1)


No, this e-mail went to our Harvard email inboxes this morning, not our LSAC e-mail addy.


Feelings of depression have now transformed back into feelings of anxiety.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 pm 

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 am
Archived Posts: 629
conn09 wrote:
KP429 wrote:
conn09 wrote:
ahopefulquaker wrote:
According to an email that Toby sent out to newly admitted students this morning, Karen Buttenbaum, an associate director of admissions, is assuming Toby's post on an interim basis.


Does this mean if you didn't get the e-mail you're not getting in? (For those of us who already have TS1)


No, this e-mail went to our Harvard email inboxes this morning, not our LSAC e-mail addy.


Feelings of depression have now transformed back into feelings of anxiety.

Who wants to be the first to facebook first Ms. Buttenbaum? :-D


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:40 pm 

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm
Archived Posts: 2398
I'm pretty sure Mallomar knows more about me than I do.

And now I can FB Toby W. Stock without fear of retribution!

BTW, Karen Buttenbaum: not on FB, but might be a triathlete.


Last edited by Skadden Stairs on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 am
Archived Posts: 919
Karen visited my UG college a few months ago. She seemed nice. I asked her about Harvard's policy on multiple LSATs and her answer seemed more encouraging than their website does.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:53 pm 

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm
Archived Posts: 17
lex talionis wrote:
BTW, Karen Buttenbaum: not on FB, but might be a triathlete.

I'm shocked to learn that someone else actually stalked KB to the point of deducing this. If not a triathlete, the girl definitely loves her 5ks. Think our excellent research skills could be parlayed into an admit?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:01 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm
Archived Posts: 69
uvagirl0708 wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
BTW, Karen Buttenbaum: not on FB, but might be a triathlete.

... If not a triathlete, the girl definitely loves her 5ks. Think our excellent research skills could be parlayed into an admit?


Perhaps. If not, then at least a restraining order...


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's going on at HLS admissions?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:17 pm 

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 am
Archived Posts: 1785
I've actually got a friend teaching at Eton right now... so i just find this exchange pretty entertaining.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





copyright 2003-2010 top-law-schools.com • all rights reserved • powered by phpBBContact TLS