Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: List of schools that have Early Action/Non-Binding
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:33 pm 

Archived Posts: 3278
I'm looking up schools that have Early Action programs, or non-binding early decision. I figured it would be helpful if we had a thread that listed them, since other people are probably thinking about this as well.
So far I've just found Cornell. Feel free to post any more that you've found.

Post subject: Re: List of schools that have Early Action/Non-Binding
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm 

Archived Posts: 1608
I tried to find EA info for schools the other day...

Didn't check HYS, but here's what I found (? = couldn't find any concrete information, but probably a NO)

Columbia No
Chicago No
Berkeley No
UPenn No
NYU ?
Michigan No
Virginia ?
Duke ?
Georgetown No
Northwestern No
Cornell Application Form and Fee by Nov 1st / Completed File by Nov 15

I have down that USC, Texas, and UCLA all do NOT have EA, but I was just told that Texas does. So, I'm not 100 percent certain.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm 

Archived Posts: 1487
From the schools I've looked at (t20) the following have non-binding EA:

UPenn
Northwestern
Duke (priority track)
Cornell
UT

That's all I can think of.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 pm 

dbt wrote:
From the schools I've looked at (t20) the following have non-binding EA:

UPenn
Northwestern
Duke (priority track)
Cornell
UT

That's all I can think of.

Wow, really? I must have been out of it while I was looking this info up (I seem to remember the clock reading 2:30 a.m.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:53 pm 

No wait you're right. That's really strange, but Penn doesn't have EA, though I could've sworn they used to.

Northwestern has an early notification program (different from ED) which is due December 15th and you find out December 31st!

Duke has priority track. Hopefully they'll be sending out those waivers soon, but most people that get them on LSN showed to get admitted as well.

I'm pretty positive Cornell has EA. And UT has what they call ED but it's non-binding.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:00 pm 

dbt wrote:
No wait you're right. That's really strange, but Penn doesn't have EA, though I could've sworn they used to.

Northwestern has an early notification program (different from ED) which is due December 15th and you find out December 31st!

Duke has priority track. Hopefully they'll be sending out those waivers soon, but most people that get them on LSN showed to get admitted as well.

I'm pretty positive Cornell has EA. And UT has what they call ED but it's non-binding.

Yeah, I found the info for Cornell's EA, and Duke's priority track as well. I don't think I'll get the PT with my numbers, although it'd be a very nice winter if I did :mrgreen:

I'd love to know about Northwestern and Cornell before the new year though!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 pm 

I think you're gonna have a pretty good cycle. On LSN Duke sent out 6 priority track wavers (that people noted), accepted 1, WL/accepted 1, and WLd the rest.

If you're a 3.5-3.6/169, which I'm guessing based on what you've said in other threads, Cornell had 7 applicants with your numbers and accepted all of them (and several people show to have gotten some good money).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:08 pm 

dbt wrote:
I think you're gonna have a pretty good cycle. On LSN Duke sent out 6 priority track wavers (that people noted), accepted 1, WL/accepted 1, and WLd the rest.

If you're a 3.5-3.6/169, which I'm guessing based on what you've said in other threads, Cornell had 7 applicants with your numbers and accepted all of them (and several people show to have gotten some good money).

Yeah, I like the odds at Cornell a lot. Apparently the workload there is intense though, even compared to other top schools!

Luckily I'll have nothing to do in Ithaca other than study I guess :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:15 pm 

Yeah 5.5 hours of studying a day!? I don't know if that report was accurate, but damn. I do like the cold though, Ithaca's pretty, and there's snowboarding nearby. Either way, good choices in the future. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 pm 

dbt wrote:
Yeah 5.5 hours of studying a day!? I don't know if that report was accurate, but damn. I do like the cold though, Ithaca's pretty, and there's snowboarding nearby. Either way, good choices in the future. :D

Yeah 5.5 is pretty insane! Although that's not the only report I've seen that talks about Cornell's crazy statistics for studying...

Ah well, it is law school after all!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]