Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paralegal hourly wage/salary?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm 

Archived Posts: 24
I'm interviewing for a temp paralegal position in Washington, D.C. and I was wondering what the market hourly wage/salary usually is for entry-level paralegals? I hope this isn't in the absolute wrong forum, but if it is, then I will simply ask, do law schools prefer applicants with law firm experience?

Post subject: Re: Paralegal hourly wage/salary?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:47 pm 

Archived Posts: 238
I can tell you, having worked in both a tiny and a megafirm in the bay area, that the salary hasn't been great, at least from my experience. Small firm payed me 37,500/yr and mega was 44,000. My friends in sales and market research make 50-75k + bonuses. And their grades are inferior to mine!

Either way, it's not about the pay. The experience is invaluable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:51 pm 

Archived Posts: 869
I made 60 - 70k at Sullivan Cromwell in NYC. I think it depends on the market.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm 

Archived Posts: 221
-

Last edited by dyermaker16 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 pm 

Archived Posts: 65
i made 40k in the bay area BUT with all the overtime I cleared 60k...so, it depends on what kind of law firm (i worked at a megafirm with a branch office in palo alto) and the overtime you're required to work (went home at 9pm consistently and had to work til 4am and 5am more than once).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:33 pm 

Archived Posts: 99
Hey,

I'm in the same boat...just had my call and interview from one of the tops in DC. The base salary is around 40,000 and you can expect to work a few hours overtime (which is time and a half) most days and about one weekend a month, according to a guy who is currently employed there. You can do the math. Its a nice salary.

PM if you want to get more specific, or see if we've interviewed and the same places.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]