Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dean vs Director?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:53 am 

Archived Posts: 195
May be a silly question, but I've bee touring the schools I'm interested in and have had a couple meetings with the "Assistant Director of Admissions".

I know the Dean/Assistant Dean of Admissions is higher up, so what exactly is the Director's role?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:23 am 

Archived Posts: 707
I could be wrong, but I think some schools call their chief admissions officer the "dean of admissions" while others call them "director of admissions."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 am 

Archived Posts: 865
I think the way it works is that the "Dean of Admissions" is the person who actually makes the final decisions or at least has a veto over the committee. He or she works closely with the law school administration to set the admissions policies. The "Director of Admissions" is responsible for the PR and managing the admissions staff members.

At least that's the way it works at my home institution.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]