Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: "degree conferred"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:24 pm 

Archived Posts: 80
quick question in regards to the terms "degree conferred" ... Like many of you, I'll be completing my bachelor degree at the end of this school year... Which means I currently do not have a degree conferred.

I emailed Loyola admissions a question in regards to my 3 year degree (im Canadian).... this is what they responded with:

"We accept a three year degree as long as it is confirmed by the transcript evaluation service that a Bachelor degree has been conferred."

But my degree wont be conferred till the end of this school year... how does this work? Did she just use bad wording and mean as long as my degree is conferred by the start of law school?

For those of you that have aplied and are in similar situations of obtaining your degree at the end of this year... is there a way youre supposed to show LSAC or the schools that youll be graduating this year?

Something like a question "will you have a bachelor degree complted upon the 1st day of law school? Yes/No

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 pm 

Archived Posts: 1562

Last edited by sockpuppet on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:11 pm 

Thanks sock...

so, do you happen to know how applicants are supposed to show LSAC that theyre going to have their degree prior to law school? When doing the forms, is there somewhere u must indicate it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:31 am 

Archived Posts: 663
You may not have to do anything. If I were you, I would wait until you are admitted and call the school you want to go to and ask them what you should do since your transcript is coming from a Canadian school. If you have already sent a copy to LSDAS then they probably will "translate" it and tell the school that you will have the equivalent of a Bachelors degree in May or June 2008.

The school may or may not require that you send them an updated copy of the transcript proving you graduated, but I would count on them asking for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:28 am 

Thanks valrp...

do you happen to know, for you Americans that apply through LSAC... when completing the required forms and such... there a specific section that asks if you'll be completed a degree at the end of the school year or not?

Pretty much, I wana know how LSAC knows if youll complete your degree. Do they just look at your transcript and assume you will?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]