Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Archives Index     Forum Archives Search     Leave Archives and Visit Active TLS Forums

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Which school is the easiest to get into.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:05 am 

Archived Posts: 23
My first two years of college I partied to much and my grades suffered (C average). I am really interested in law school. I guess my questions are:

Which school is the easiest to get into?

What school is considered a joke in the legal world?

Any body know anything about St. Louis University?

Post subject: Easiest law school to get into
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:18 pm 

Archived Posts: 99
There are several quality sources to check your numbers (LSAT, GPA) against to see where you would fit.

http://www.lsac.org
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/law/brief/lawrank_brief.php

St. Louis is currently ranked 80th (GPA 3.35-3.77; LSAT 154-160 )in the US News, and if you are interested in other St. Louis Area Schools...

Washington University in ST. Louis 19th in USNews (GPA 3.20-3.70; LSAT 161-167)

Southern Illinois University--Carbondale Tier 3 US News (GPA 3.13-3.67; LSAT 152-157)

University of Missouri--Columbia 60th in US News (GPA 3.31-3.74; LSAT 156-160)

Background information: Us News ranks the top 100 ABA Acredited Law schools every year, then categorizes the rest as either Tier 3 or Tier 4... If you really wnat the easiest schools to get into try the Tier 4 schools.

Also, if you are interested, there are several schools that have been started the last several years that have not recieved ABA acreditation yet, but are being reviewed by the ABA for a future ABA Acreditation. The Charleston Law Scool (SC), and the Charlotte Law school (NC) are two that I can think of off the top of my head. They tend to admit students with lower numbers while they are trying to work towards ABA acreditation. Usually graduating from these schools will allow you to take the bar in thier state, but not nationaly like the ABA acredited schools. I have a freind that will be attending the Charleston law school in the fall. He had a 2.8 GPA, and a 164 LSAT, so there weren't a lot of options for him, but Charleston ended up working out.

I hope some of this information helps...

Post subject: Easiest law schools to get into
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:48 am 

Archived Posts: 1660
The easiest law schools to get into are:

Texas Southern U
Southern U (LA)
Appalachian SL (VA)
Thomas M. Cooley LS
St. Thomas U (FL)

On the opposite end of the "easiest law schools to get into," the following are the top 100 law schools with in-depth profiles: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

Post subject: Re: Which school is the easiest to get into.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:41 am 

Archived Posts: 295
My advice:

A) ace the LSAT
B) take 3-4 years off after college and get some sweet softs/work experience under your belt (Teach for America is a great example)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]